Rampage III Extreme: Quality, Versatility, and Overclockability - Those were the tree basic words to describe the Rampage II Extreme motherboard which was unveiled and shown by ASUS Philippines to the members of the Philippines ASUS Xtreme Powerclub and staff of The News Around Us.
Ellis Chua of ASUS explains that the Rampage III Extreme motherboard is the world record holder when it comes to overclocking. It might be pricey but if you want some high end motherboard that will last then this is a good investment.
The ASUS Rampage III Extreme belongs to the most high-end X58 motherboards available. Overclocking is now made possible through the convenience of your laptop, or even through Bluetooth over some (selected) mobile phones.
Other featured of this motherboard includes a maximum of 24GB DDR3 memory, and stunning four PCIe (physical x16) slots that will support single, dual, triple, and quad graphics card configurations.
Also it has room for both NVIDIA's SLI and ATI’s Crossfireas which will enable you to run up-to four graphics cards in PCIe x8 mode. That is really some awesome configuration for gaming.
The ASUS Rampage III Extreme also includes the following features:
True USB 3.0 Support. This is so far the latest in USB support with transfers up to 4.8Gbps.
True SATA 6Gb/s Support. The board supports next-generation Serial ATA (SATA) storage interface with up to 6.0Gb/s data transfer rates.
iROG . iROG is a special IC which enables system maintainence and management with more control and efficiency.
RC Bluetooth. By simply pushing the button from the Back I/O on the RC Bluetooth card, overclockers can real-time monitor the desktop PC system status & tweak its parameters - such as voltages and frequency on the fly. When users want to use ordinary bluetooth functions, just simply push the button once again & enjoy all the wireless convenience brought from RC Bluetooth.
Extreme Engine Digi+. This feature guards your pc from overheating and manages heat dissipation and achieves better electric conduction keeping critical components reliable.
ProbeIt. These are simply 5 sets of detection points so you´ll know exactly where to get quick yet accurate readings using a multitester.
MemOK!. is a feature which quickly ensures memory boot compatibility. It determines failsafe settings and dramatically improves your system boot success.
USB BIOS Flashback. With USB BIOS Flashback there is no need to enter the BIOS or the operating system, just plug the thumb drive into the ROG Connect port & push the ROG Connect button for 2 seconds, BIOS would be automatically flashed under standby power.
ROG Connect. ROG or Republic of Gamers connect will allow you to tweak and view the ASUS Rampage III Extreme parameters via your Notebook through a USB cable.
O.C. Profile. Through the O.C. profile you can conveniently store, load, share and distribute multiple BIOS setting.
BIOS FlashBack. BIOS Flashback gives overclockers the ability to save two versions of the BIOS simultaneously.
Q-Fan Plus. This function enables the ASUS Rampage III motherboard to automatically detect temperature and adjust fan speed accordingly to achieve the most quiet and efficient cooling for your board.
Ellis Chua and the ASUS Philippines team also gave us the complete specifications of the ASUS Rampage III Extreme which are as follows:
- Intel® Socket 1366 Core™ i7 Processor Extreme Edition/Core™ i7 Processor,
- Support Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel® X58 / ICH10R
- 6 x DIMM, Max. 24 GB, DDR3 2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
- Triple Channel memory architecture
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- 4 x PCIe 2.0 x16 , support x16; x16/x16; x16/x8/x8 and x8/x8/x8/x8 configurations
- 1 x PCIe x4
- 1 x PCI 2.2
- Support NVIDIA 3-Way SLI™ / ATI CrossFireX™ Technology
- 4 PCIe x16 slots ready for 4 single PCB graphic cards
- Intel ICH10R controller
- 6 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
- Intel Matrix Storage Technology Support RAID 0,1,5,10
- JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller:
- 1 x SATA 3.0 GB/s port (black)
- 1 x External SATA 3.0 GB/s port (SATA on-the-go)
- Marvell® 9128 PCIe SATA 6GB/s controller
- 2 x SATA 6.0 GB/s ports
- 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
- Supports 1 Optical S/PDIF out port at back I/O
- Supports Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-Retasking
- Gigabit Intel® LAN
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard port (purple)
- 1 x Clr CMOS switch
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF out port
- 1 x IEEE 1394a connector
- 1 x External SATA port
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port
- 1 x ROG Connect On/Off switch
- 1 x RC Bluetooth switch
- 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (Blue)
- 7 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (1 port also for ROG Connect)
- 8-channel Audio I/O
- 1 x USB 2.0 connector supports additional 2 USB 2.0 ports
- 9 x SATA connectors: 2 x SATA 6G connectors (Red); 7 x standard SATA connectors (6 in Grey, 1 in Black)
- 1 x QPI Loadline calibration switch jumper (QPI_LL_SW)
- 8 x Fan connectors: 1 x CPU / 1 x PWR / 3 x Chassis / 3 x Optional
- 1 x Connector for optional fan-thermal module
- 8 x ProbeIt Measurement Points
- 3 x Thermal sensor connectors
- 1 x IEEE1394a connector
- 1 x SPDIF_Out Connector
- 1 x 24-pin ATX Power connector
- 2 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connectors
- 1 x En/Dis-able Clr CMOS header
- 1 x LN2 Mode Header
- 1 x START (Power On) button
- 1 x RESET button
- 2 x EZ Plug connectors (4-pin Molex Power connectors)
- 1 x OC Station header
- 1 x RC Bluetooth header
- 1 x Go Button
- 1 x BIOS Switch button
- 1 x ROG light connector
- 1 x CD Audio in
- 1 x Audio front panel
- 1 x System panel connector
- ROG Connect
- RC Bluetooth
- Extreme Engine Digi+
- 8-phase CPU power
- 3-phase QPI/DRAM power
- 3-phase NB power
- 3-phase Memory power
- ML Cap for CPU, Memory and QPI respectively
- Extreme Tweaker
- BIOS Flashback with onboard switch button
- Loadline Calibration
- ROG Extreme Kit:
- LN2 Mode
- PCIe x16 Lane Switch
- Double Power Supply with 8-pin (CPU) and dual 4-pin (VGA) molex power connectors
- Intelligent Overclocking Tools:
- ASUS AI Booster Utility
- O.C. Profile
- Overclocking Protection:
- COP Ex (Component Overheat Protection)
- Voltminder LED
- ASUS C.P.R. (CPU Parameter Recall)
- 16 Mb Flash ROM AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.5, ACPI2.0a Multi-Language BIOS
- 1 x ROG Connect cable
- 1 x ProbeIt cable set
- 1 x 3-Way SLI Bridge
- 1 x SLI Cable
- 1 x CrossFire Cable
- 1 x 2 in 1 ASUS Q-Connector Kit
- 3 x 2-in-1 SATA signal cables
- 1 x 2-in-1 SATA 6G cables
- 1 x 2-port USB2.0 + ESATA module
- 1 x I/O Shield
- 1 x Thermal Sensor Cable Pack
- 1 x Cable Ties Pack
- 1 x ROG theme label
- 1 x 12-in-1 ROG Cable Label
- 1 x Optional Fan-Thermal Module
- Bluetooth Module Accessory Card
- Bluetooth V2.0/V2.1+EDR
- RC Bluetooth On/Off Switch
- CPU Level Up
- Onboard Switches: Power / Reset / Clr CMOS (at rear)
- ASUS MyLogo3
- ASUS Fan Xpert
- ASUS EZ Flash 2
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- Q-Fan Plus
- ROG BIOS Wallpaper
- ASUS Q-Connector
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS PC Probe II
- ASUS AI Suite
- ASUS Update
- Kaspersky® Anti-Virus
- Futuremark® 3DMark® Vantage Advanced Edition
- ASUS TurboV EVO Utility
Thanks Ellis for showing us this motherboard and also thanks to Vincent Hauson and Mark Marifosque for a great time!