So what are you waiting for?
We would like you to draw a picture or design a new logo to be used to help promote the United Religions Initiative Global Assembly Young Leaders Program in Mayapur this year.
The theme of the Young Leaders Program is "Taking the Initiative...The Role of Youth in Global Interfaith Action." Sample logo can be seen below.
This logo may also be used for the future actions and initiatives of the URI Global Youth Cooperation Circle, a network of young people dedicated to interfaith cooperation across the world.
Your artwork should be no larger than A5 and can be anything from colorful, funny to simple.
It should seek to illustrate something of the values and principles of the URI, whose purpose is "to promote enduring, daily interfaith cooperation, to end religiously motivated violence and to create cultures of peace, justice and healing for the Earth and all living beings."
Instructions for Submission:
Please Send/Email your entries to email@example.com
together with the following information about yourself:
Youth Organization / URI Cooperation Circle
Mark your entry Design A Logo Competition
Winners & Prizes:
- There will be one winner chosen.
- The prize : A full scholarship to attend the Global Youth Assembly in India.
- If you win this competition, you must be prepared to have your name and photograph, together with the winning entry, published in URI publications or other such publications as the URI may require.
- Your artwork may be used in a display and may be used together with the current URI logo.
- The closing date for entries is 19th June 2008
- The terms and conditions set out below apply.
- Entry into the competition implies acceptance of the rules and the terms and conditions on this form.
Terms and Conditions:
- The competition is open to all young people aged between 18 years and 35 years,
- The entry must be the original work of the entrant.
- There is no limit to the number of entries that may be submitted.
- All entries become the property of the United Religions Initiative and all the copyright in all entries will vest in the URI.
- The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU INCLUDE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER
AND AGE WITH YOUR ENTRY.
Please bear in mind the following rules for your entry:
- The design must contain either the words “URI Young Leaders Program 2008” or “Taking The Initiative 2008”
- You can submit either digital or hand drawn logos
- Any digital Art must be a minimum of 300 dpi while hand drawn work should be approximately A5 sized.
- In the case of a hand drawing, please note that the picture should be clear enough to be scanned.
- If the image is submitted by attachment, please note that it must be BMP, JPG, GIF or PNG, PDF or Photoshop format ONLY.
- Imitation or insertion of copyrighted images are not allowed: comics, movies, TV characters, etc
- Artwork considered by the committee to be violent, provocative, discriminatory or inappropriate will be disqualified.
- Please send original works. Copies will be rejected.
- The deadline for submission is the 19th June 2008.
- In June, the URI Youth Planning Team will vote on the website and make a shortlist of its 5 favourite designs. The Global Council committee will select the winner from these.
- Results will be announced in July 2008.
- By participating, you agree to give the copyright for your design to the United Religions Initiative.
- All personal information enclosed in the submission form will remain confidential.
- The winner will be contacted in due course to arrange travel and discuss the prize details.