Razer™, a leader in connected devices and software for gamers, announced Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO, joined as the new member to the Board of the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) .
The Ministry of Law (MinLaw) announced board appointment changes at the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS). These appointments will take effect from 1 April 2015.
MinLaw has appointed six new members to the Board of IPOS and reappointed six board members.
Appointment of New Board Members
- Professor Tsui Kai Chong, Provost, SIM University
- Dr Lim Kuo-Yi, Managing Director, Monk’s Hill Ventures
- Mr Tan Min-Liang, CEO, Razer Inc.
- Mr Douglas Foo, Executive Chairman, Sakae Holdings Ltd
- Ms Audrey Yap, Managing Partner, Yusarn Audrey
- Mr Sim Feng-Ji, Director, Resource Division, Ministry of Trade & Industry
The announcement also includes re-appointment of Board Members as follows:
- Dr Stanley Lai, Head of Intellectual Property practice, Allen & Gledhill LLP. Dr. Lai will continue as the Chairman of the Board, a position he has held since April 2013.
- Mr Keoy Soo Earn, Partner, Leader, Merger and Acquisition, Singapore &SEA and Valuation & Financial Modelling, SEA, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Mr Suresh Sachi, Deputy Managing Director (Corporate and Legal) and General Counsel, A*STAR
- Mr Abhijit Ghosh, Partner, International Tax, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Ms Deborah Ho, Managing Director, Head of Senior Relationship Management for SEA, Barclays Bank
- Mr Poon Hong Yuen, Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Law
Tan Min-Liang's appointment as member of the IPOS only signifies the recognition of the success of Razer in the Information Technology sector.
What do you think will be the benefit of having a gamer in the IPOS? Share us your thoughts.