The total lunar eclipse for 2010 will start at midnight Eastern Standard Time on December 21 in North and South America. Northern Europe will witness the eclipse just before sunrise. Other parts of the world including most of Europe and Africa will miss the total lunar eclipse.
Here are the times and phases of the total lunar eclipse 2010:
- Penumbral Eclipse Begins: 05:29:17 UT
- Partial Eclipse Begins: 06:32:37 UT
- Total Eclipse Begins: 07:40:47 UT
- Greatest Eclipse: 08:16:57 UT
- Total Eclipse Ends: 08:53:08 UT
- Partial Eclipse Ends: 10:01:20 UT
- Penumbral Eclipse Ends: 11:04:31 UT
For those who want to know the places where total lunar eclipse 2010 will be visible please check the image below.
Please do share us your photos and experience if you happen to see the total lunar eclipse 2010.