One of the key issues on the 2010 elections is how to finally solve the Mindanao conflict and in recent forum and interviews conducted, Nick Perlas' stand out on his vision and plan.
The Partido ng Marangal na Sambayanan (PANGMASA) on its policies and plans unveils the following to Improve social justice, peace and order.
1. Renegotiate the Memorandum of Agreement on Ancestral Domain (MOA AD) with special provisions, among others, for adequate consultation on both Muslim and Christian sides and for clearly defining the relationship between the Bangsamoro Juridical Entity (BJE) and ARMM and BJE and the national government.
2. Advance Muslim concerns including, among others, the expansion of the Office of Muslim Affairs (OMA) to other regions and provinces with large Muslim populations; the appointment of non-political or neutral OMA executives and officials; the hiring of more Muslim staff in Muslim-dedicated government offices including OMA; the expedited flow of Muslim Official Development Assistance (ODA); and the availability of “hallal” slaughterhouses in cities and towns with large Muslim populations.
3. Reopen negotiations with NDF/NPA communist rebels.
4. Ensure that all peace negotiations with Muslim and NDF/NPA combatants are anchored on the government’s demonstrated political will towards reforming the structural roots of conflict and the pursuit of social justice, including the equitable delivery of government social services, infrastructure, and business incentives.
5. Ensure the meaningful and organized participation of indigenous peoples and communities in all matters of governance affecting their interest and future.
6. Strengthen the capacity and resources of the council for indigenous people and neutralize the heavy interference of traditional politicians in this council.
7. Remove the high-level military and police support for criminal activities and drug trade and clean both the military and police from corrupt elements. (See program details in the Moral and Effective Governance section below.)
8. Expedite the removal from public service of rogue military and police officers and personnel.
9. Reinstate, to full position and honors, any military or police officer unjustly placed in detention or removed from public office.
10. Professionalize the military and police forces by means of adequate incentive systems that reward moral and exemplary conduct and punish violations of law and order.
11. Provide adequate comprehensive support to civil society efforts towards a holistic and comprehensive approach to peace.
12. Implement and reinforce zoning laws and regulations.
In the next days we will also provide you with detailed information on more of the platforms and policies which are being pushed for by Partido ng Marangal na Sambayanan (PANGMASA) and presidentiable, Nicanor "Nick" Perlas.
| Pagod Ka Na Bang Maging si Juan? | Ordinary People, Ordinary Day |