The old record was held by John Mayer's Continuum. Viva La Vida sold 66,000 downloads this week, bringing its two-week total to 354,000. Continuum has sold 353,000 downloads since its release in September 2006. The rest of the all-time top five albums with the most paid digital downloads consists of Amy Winehouse's Back To Black (329,000), Daughtry's Daughtry (323,000) and Justin Timberlake's FutureSex/LoveSounds (301,000).
In other download news, "Low" by Flo Rida featuring T-Pain this week becomes the first song to top the 4 million mark in paid downloads.
The other albums topping the chart were:
2. Lil Wayne, Tha Carter III, 209,000.
3. Various Artists, Camp Rock soundtrack, 169,000.
4. Motley Crue, Saints Of Los Angeles, 99,000.
5. Three 6 Mafia, Last 2 Walk, 77,000.
6. Various Artists, NOW 28, 66,000.
7. Usher, Here I Stand, 52,000.
8. Shinedown, The Sound Of Madness, 50,000.
9. Disturbed, Indestructible, 50,000.
10. Rihanna, Good Girl Gone Bad, 47,000.